LtN is currently seeking a Program & Activities Coordinator for our two programs in Playa Potrero, Costa Rica in June ’13 and from August ’13 to October ’13.
Read below about the responsibilities and qualifications. Interested? Please send resume and short introduction to Country Director Caroline Kirkendoll at email@example.com
The Program & Activities Coordinator will help lead Life Skills Classes (Mon-Fri) and after-school lacrosse practices (Mon/Tues/Thurs). He or she will work daily with the Country Director and other volunteers to plan classes & practices, translate curriculum, and discuss the daily successes and setbacks of the program. He or she will work closely with the Country Director to raise local awareness for the program and build relationships with outside donors and volunteers.
In addition, the Coordinator will be able to volunteer with LtN’s partner program, Abriendo Mentes/Opening Minds Latin America (AM), a fellow nonprofit dedicated to empowering communities in rural Costa Rica through enhancing education.
The below are examples of what the Program & Activities Coordinator is expected to do on a regular basis, although new projects and duties might present themselves as the program grows.
- Lead and organize Life Skills Classes for grades K-6 (1 hr. 5x/week).
- Lead and organize after-school lacrosse practices for combined grades (1 hr. 3x/week)
- Edit, translate, and add to the LtN Life Skills Curriculum
- Maintain incentivized attendance program for Life Skills Classes
- Assist in recruiting outside speakers and volunteers
- Organize events & field trips
- Maintain direct communication with Team Partners
- Advertise LtN programs throughout the area by creating flyers & informational pieces
- Write and post various updates/communication pieces to LtN’s website, blog, and Facebook
- Spanish language skills (Latin America)/conversationally fluent
- Experience coaching or playing lacrosse
- Energetic, organized and creative
- Excellent communicator, written and orally